A journal

A journal -
ambles near and far
the fauna and flora I met along the way
And some of the things I thought as I journeyed.

Friday 24 June 2011

Had a really bad headache so took a stroll at DENR and what a wonderful hour. The reserve was full of fluttering butterflies and I think saw 8 different species - a female orange tip, several ringlets, a large white, large skipper, this meadow brown and this very striking marbled white.
And then this vivid comma- the orange was really stunning against the greens behind it and I have not see one for a while so was well pleased.
I had hoped to get some good photos of the prettiest stars and put some effort into this - there were 15 I found today and for once I feel I came home with 4 really nice shots that show the delicate beauty of the emerald damselfly. Also disturbed a brown hawker- my first for this year but no photo as it headed off up into the trees, But maybe next visit. And the stroll was much better than a paracetemol......................

No comments:

Post a Comment