A journal

A journal -
ambles near and far
the fauna and flora I met along the way
And some of the things I thought as I journeyed.

Tuesday 14 June 2011

A glimpse of gold

I was over towards the A1 and the sun came out, and my camera was in the car so no excuse needed then but to detour to Roxton and have a stroll along the river. I was hoping to see the scarce chaser, but my first treat was this immature male black tailed skimmer. I saw a few on the wing but this one posed nicely on a little bridge. Lots of common blue damsels, many in cop, very many shimmering banded demoiselles and a good number of blue tailed damsels. Enjoyed seeing the large red eyes on the lilly pads and the mayflies still dancing in the air, the tiny pair of wrens singing their hearts out and the buzzard above. A four spotted chaser put in an appearance and then a glimpse of gold as at last this lovely creature flew by and then perched nicely for me to take a photo - at last - the scarce chaser, and having seen one- of course I then saw a couple more, but I am thrilled to add this and the skimmer to my list for this year, and feeling very happy I headed home- with another little detour at Duck End - but thats for another day............

No comments:

Post a Comment