A journal

A journal -
ambles near and far
the fauna and flora I met along the way
And some of the things I thought as I journeyed.

Wednesday 15 June 2011

Best guess


Had the moth trap out last evening and it was full of hearts and darts this morning. My little pots arrived and I had a go at capturing some moths into them so I can have a better chance to identify them but its tricky! The prettiest little moth was bright green but it got away- so its anyones guess. I really struggle with working out what they are- my book shows them with wings closed often and its going to be a long journey to learn about them - but one I look forward to. I think I may have got this one sorted - a Fan-foot - but its a best fit guess! If so it is a common moth which means I have a better chance of being right- my first guess is only found in Guernsey so that ruled that one out! Anyway there are always lots more moths........

No comments:

Post a Comment