A journal

A journal -
ambles near and far
the fauna and flora I met along the way
And some of the things I thought as I journeyed.

Saturday 30 April 2011

Moth No 2

I think the moths in my garden are being very clever - just one again this morning, but actually that it is good because I look long and hard at the creature, pore over the moth book, try and work out what it is and then read about it. I have decided that this is a Hebrew Character Moth - Othosia gothica- which all sounds very splendid. But apparently it is a very common moth found throughout GB. It likes a wide range of trees and bushes and from March until May- so seeing it now is helpful as in a month or so it may be a no show moth. I cannot get over how much colour there is in what at first glance looks like a little brown blob in the egg box in the trap, how much detail there is on it and how many different kinds there are. Not a very scientific approach to the subject I am sure, but I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment