A journal

A journal -
ambles near and far
the fauna and flora I met along the way
And some of the things I thought as I journeyed.

Monday 15 August 2011

Yellow shell diversion

There are very many moths and I am very slow at working out what they are. I am beginning to see now different wing shapes, antennae lengths and size and that is starting to help. They are fascinating creatures, not at all like I imagined, and even the dullest looking often has lovely detail and markings on looking closer, and often a big range of colourshades. I was unsure about this one yesterday and asked for confirmation from the experts and was very pleased to find I had got it right. One of the things that throws me is colour variation and often the creatures I see are very different shades from the ones in my book or even photos on other peoples blogs. But nature is wonderful and diverse and that makes moths all the more interesting. Anyway this is the Yellow Shell another ubiquitous creature but my first. And this morning there are lots more for me to ponder but I have to go out now so something to look forward to later on...............just a small diversion from essay writing.............

No comments:

Post a Comment