A journal

A journal -
ambles near and far
the fauna and flora I met along the way
And some of the things I thought as I journeyed.

Tuesday 2 August 2011

Honey for the soul





I love Cambridge, and I love the Botanical Gardens there, so it wasa  real treat to spend the day in the sunshine, meet up a with a good friend, walk, talk and picnic. I have to admit there was a lot of talking but done as we ambled around the Gardens, skipped across the stepping stones on the pond, drew breathe at the colour of some of the flowers and every so often stopped for me to gaze at a dragonfly. It is difficult to pick out the best plants there were so many, but the stunning heads of the aganpanthus were amazing, and  the colours of this yellow and red plant in the hothouse (and it was hot) were striking. The scented garden was lovely until the pungent aroma of the curry plant hit us, but the soft fragrance of the lavender and the sweet scent of the old fashioned roses were lovely. It was a wonderful place to spend the day at stare at God's creation - What is the world if full of care we have not time to stand and stare - and it was like honey for the soul and cool waters on the mind and emotions. A really special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment