A journal

A journal -
ambles near and far
the fauna and flora I met along the way
And some of the things I thought as I journeyed.

Tuesday 31 May 2011

Its good to be back - damsels and butterflies

A hard days slog over my study books and then late afternoon I looked out of the window and the sun was shining- so it was no decision at all but to take a short break at Duck End. First creature I saw was this very pretty green veined butterfly - well camouflaged amongst the plants and flowers.
And a day of only two kinds of damsels- large reds, but in much evidence today the super azure damselfly- both male and female and to be see everywhere- but it seems with a special preference for the blackberry bushes.
And my first skipper butterfly this year- think it is the large skipper due to the mottling on the wings and the slightky curved antennae - could be wrong here though as there is also a small skipper butterfly. All this truely inspired and revived me so back to the books I think but not before I get my moth trap ready for later!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment