A journal

A journal -
ambles near and far
the fauna and flora I met along the way
And some of the things I thought as I journeyed.

Friday 6 May 2011

A cuckoo in more ways than one

It is really appropriate to start with the cuckoo flower. After a day in London at the fabulous Afghanistan exhibition at the British Museum it was a pleasure to have a stroll across Flitton Moor and enjoy the breeze. Three swallows were insect catching above me and the cuckoo was calling loudly in the wood by the pond.
The pond was quiet but staring down into the fringes where it was quiet boogy I noticed these small flowers - they were quite luminous and I think are some sort of crowfoot although the leaves d0 not look right. Anyway they were pretty little things.

I always liek ragged robin and although there are non this year near the gates there are several in the meadow which look lovely.
Dragons were not much in evidence but there were a small number of red eyed damsels which were good to see and common blue damsels, and one bluetail. I was pleased to find several azures along the River Flit including this female. It was a lovely stroll and hearing the cuckoo calling all along just made it special today.

No comments:

Post a Comment