A journal

A journal -
ambles near and far
the fauna and flora I met along the way
And some of the things I thought as I journeyed.

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Chiff Chaff at last


Struggling to keep my head above the blackness today, so took myself for a walk across Flitwick and Flitton Moors. Could say there was nothing to report except- four new wildflowers for my list this year including this shy speedwell - would have been so easy to have missed this little beauty. A hoverfly- dont ask me which. And lots of song birds. And best of all standing still for a while paid off and I finally saw the chiff chaff as well as hear it. And the robins, wrens, blackbirds, chaffinchs, carrion crows, jackdaws, rook, starlings, sparrows and wrens were in abundance. Just need to get rid of this headache but the walk was good and just looked at the cuckoo web site and Martin the cuckoo has made it to North Africa- hurry up back Martin!

No comments:

Post a Comment